How many times have you heard the phrase time is money? While you can’t really sell just time, I think we all understand the sentiment when it comes to using our time wisely.
When you are ready to sell your house, you can take this a step further than just not wasting time by also remembering that in today’s market many homes are selling as soon as they go on the market so any delay in listing your home for sale means a delay in putting money in your pocket.
If you are ready to sell, we have 5 steps that will get your home ready for the market so get busy today because while you are slowly getting ready your neighbor will likely sell the house they list today before the end of the first week.
1. Meet with your listing agent to discuss any issues that need to be addressed before you list your home.
2. Deep clean your home. Clean every nook, and surface or better yet hire an expert to do it for you. corner
3. Declutter. Surfaces should be clear from objects minus one statement piece per room or wall. Pack it up or give it away to help reach this goal.
4. If you have repairs to make, hire a professional. Even if you are handy and can make some updates yourself, it could take you a while to get through them all while continuing with the rest of your life. While you are spending 8 weeks of all of your free time painting, cleaning carpets, trimming shrubs and taking down old wallpaper, a professional could finish everything you need in just a few days and you could list your home weeks sooner.
5. Stage your home to show off its best features. There are professional stagers you can hire to help you with this but you can probably get some good ideas online or from a couple home magazines. Whatever your inspiration, a well-staged home is critical to helping buyers picture themselves in your home and can make a big difference when buyers are comparing your home to its competition.
Home inventory is still at an all time low and while inventory will likely stay low the rest of the year, things can always change so the sooner you are ready to list your home, the better your chances of selling it quickly.
Image courtesy of alexas_fotos/pixabay.com